Pages

Monday 30 November 2015

Athletics

Athletics                                                       Samuel

Everyday from Monday to Thursday, most of the classes go to the field to do cross country but my class goes after morning tea so we have more space.  We do cross country because we need to get fit for the athletics coming up.

After morning tea, we all got ready to go to cross country.  Before we went to cross country, we had to make sure our school work was finished.  We only went for 15 minutes so we had to use it before we go to class.  Sometimes it was bad because some of the kids were being silly and we had to go back to class.

Before running the cross country,  we had a warm up.  We all had to run to the fence on the side of the track, touch it and run back to our starting point.  There was many kids who chose to walk instead of run or jog so it wasn’t a warm up for them.  

When the warm up is finished, we were split up into teams of 4 which had 4 people waiting at points to run.  Who over was the first person to run, had to give the baton the other students waiting at the spots.  Then they had to run to the others so that team would come first.  The people that were waiting had to face where they were running with the hand at behind their back to receive the baton.

On most of the cross country races, I was always was the first one to run.  It was tricky to come first because I was racing with my friends and some of them were fast.  When I was split into a team, we came second or first.  It was cool because I sometimes had fast runners and they usually win the race for the team.

Near the end of the time, we use the last minutes to do some relays.  The relays were in year groups so I raced with fast students.  I was lucky because I am quite fast so I sometimes beat them.  After we do relays, we then go back to the class and carry on with our work.


0 comments:

Post a Comment